Kids are back in school, extracurriculars are about to start and the one thing that is always on my mind is how to keep everyone fed. Today I am sharing 7 ways to plan ahead and make turkey your back-to-school powerhouse (because we can all use some help) and the recipe for this big batch turkey and chard chili that promises to be a family hit.
7 Ways to Plan Ahead and Make Turkey Your Back-to-School Powerhouse
Canadian turkey is an excellent building block for meal solutions that power up your family and get them ready for busy, activity-filled days. Use it as a base ingredient, then turn to our recipes and tips to make meals that are tasty, healthy and nutritious. Make cooking every day a breeze by planning ahead, with inspiration from Canadian Turkey to help.
Turkey is a protein-packed staple that can be the anchor of any meal – breakfast, lunch or dinner. It works to fuel your family with essential protein and nutrients. Turkey packs a big punch with each 100-gram serving providing about 30 grams of high-quality lean protein. Turkey is also packed with nutrients like vitamin B12 (important in keeping your nervous system – the body’s electrical wiring – working well), selenium (an antioxidant mineral) and zinc (for a strong immune system).
- comprare viagra 200 mg online generico http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=quanto-costa-Viagra-generico-25-mg-online-a-Napoli Scale Up Turkey is a great option when planning to double or triple your favourite recipes. Scale your recipes so you can cook once and then freeze extras portions to have on hand when you need dinner or lunch in a hurry.
- purchase lasix no prescription http://buy-generic-clomid.com Foolproof Favourites Develop a series of go-to recipes that you know are easy to prepare and that your family will love. The Canadian Turkey website is packed with kitchen-tested recipes that are both healthy and tasty too. Turkey is so versatile and comes in so many cuts that you can find something for everyone’s taste and preference. Some of our faves are this 5 Reasons to Get Grilling with Turkey : BBQ Bootcamp and of course this Super Easy Roast Turkey Dinner Recipe.
- http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=comprare-vardenafil-online-sicuro-Napoli propecia pills usage Plan Ahead Try to cook with recipes where you can do some prep work ahead of time or plan to pre-cook some or all of the ingredients. Meal planning up to a week in advance is a great way to save time during busy weeknights.
- enter Change It Up Turkey adapts well to all of your favourite flavour profiles and spice combinations. No matter what your family likes to enjoy, you can easily swap turkey into most recipes. Try cooking with turkey for your favourite meal of the day. You can serve it hot or cold, and it tastes great the next day, too!
- prednisone 500 mg Lean but Juicy It’s hard to believe but with turkey, both white and dark meat is lean. That means you can enjoy any cut you prefer and feel good knowing you are choosing a healthy protein without compromising on flavour, tenderness or juiciness.
- enter site So Much to Choose From Turkey is a versatile protein, with so many different cuts of both dark and white meat to choose from, including ground meat, legs, drumsticks, thighs, breast steaks, breast rolls, breast roasts, drummettes, wings, sausages, and burgers. With such a wide selection, you can enjoy turkey at breakfast, lunch or dinner, with leftovers that taste delicious the next day.
- see Perfect for Penny Pinchers Turkeys are generally larger than other poultry options and deliver a lot of meat for the price. Whole turkeys can be roasted for pennies per pound, and are a perfect choice for batch cooking meals or freezing leftover meat that can come in handy as everyday meal starters. Cuts like drums, breasts and thighs are larger, so you need fewer to feed the family or plan for leftovers.
Put Canadian turkey on your plate every day and feel good knowing that you are feeding your family healthy and nutritious food that will get everyone through their days filled with energy and good-for-you fuel!
Looking for additional tips, recipes and HOW TOs? Visit canadianturkey.ca for all your cooking inspiration. The recipe section is filled with delicious recipes for full meals, snacks, appetizers and kids favourites. And there is WHOLE TURKEY AND TURKEY CUT HOW TOs that provide everything you need to know to get tasty, nutritious and versatile turkey on your table every day!
Pin for later:
Big Batch Turkey and Chard Chili
Our Big Batch Turkey And Chard Chili is just one example of the easy, nutritious and resourceful recipes found on canadianturkey.ca. This one recipe makes a big batch that you can freeze in portions, providing you with multiple frozen meals to have on hand. That’s smart cooking! With Canadian turkey, you can feel good knowing you are feeding your family healthy, nutritious ingredients that taste delicious too.
Prep time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 2 – 3 hrs.
real canadian cialis without doctor prescription Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. ground Canadian turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ½ cups minced white onions
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground Italian seasoning
- 2 tsps sweet smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic. crushed
- 1 litre turkey broth
- 1 can (540 ml) Navy beans, drained
- 1 can (540 ml) Cannellini beans, drained
- 1 can (540 ml) Chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup roughly chopped Swiss chard
- In a non-stick pan or skillet, sauté onions and olive oil until lightly browned, 6-8 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-high. Add turkey and sear to brown on all sides.
- Reduce heat and add spices. Add garlic.
- Continue to mix to ensure turkey doesn’t stick and meat breaks up into chunks.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Add broth.
- Add beans.
- Turn to low for 3 hours or high for 1.5.
- If the mixture is still watery and you are looking for a creamier texture, remove 1 cup of mixture and use a hand blender to puree. Add back to chilli and stir to incorporate.
- 10. Add corn and chard for an additional 15 minutes to cook through.
follow url TIP: You can use this recipe to create multiple meals to have on hand. Just freeze into family size portions and defrost when you’re ready to eat.
Our friends at Canadian Turkey have generously provided one of our readers a $75 prepaid Visa card to help them get cooking with Canadian turkey this fall! Open to Canadian residents and ends October 4, 2018. Good Luck!